Laser Nail Fungal Removal
Nail removal is a painless procedure for a fungal nail infection. This technique removes only the diseased and damaged nail, not the healthy part of the nail.
Nail fungal infection removed in just a few sessions, quicker results than topical ointments, effective than oral medication and no side effects and no downtime.
Toenails (10 toes)
Fingernails and Toenails
How does laser hair removal works?
The laser penetrate under the nail plate in order to reach the fungi colonies of the nail bed and nail matrix. When it gets to that point it selectively deliver laser energy to fungi while respecting the surrounding healthy tissues. Once the fungi is gone, the nails will return to its normal growth cycle again.
How many laser nail fungal removal treatments are required?
We recommend a course of 3-4 laser treatments once every week.
What are the side effects of laser nail fungal removal treatment?
These treatments offer the advantage of having few contraindications and minimal side effects.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths or sunbathe two weeks prior to your laser treatment.
- Remove all nail polish completely prior to your laser treatment.
- Post treatment you should apply an over-the-counter antifungal cream massaging onto and between all toes, on the bottom, sides and heels of both feet morning and night. You should use a product with one of the following active ingredients: clotrimazole 1%, tolnaftate 1%, terbinafine 1%, butenafine 1%, miconazole 2%, or undecylenic acid. You should use the cream consistently and make this a part of your daily routine. Do not discontinue their use; this will put you at greater risk of reinfection.
- Disinfect your shoes at the end of each day using an antifungal spray or powder, or a household disinfectant. Do not wear them again for 48 hours. This can be accomplished by rotating shoes.
- The night of your initial procedure, change the bed sheets and vacuum carpets. Before your next shower, clean the tub/shower floor with a disinfecting cleanser containing bleach.
- Before you use your nail clippers again, sterilize them and nail files in a cup of bleach for 20 minutes or boil them for 30 minutes. Always disinfect after use.
- Keep your nails trimmed and clean.
- You may resume all normal activity. Wear flip-flops rather than walking barefoot, even in your own home. This is especially important at public areas such as pools and locker rooms.
- Remember, toenails grow slowly, Improvement will take time.