Dermapen Microneedling / Collagen Induction Therapy
- double cleanse
- topical anaesthetic application
- dermapen microneedling OR derma roller
- oxygen infusion spray
- hyaluronic or skin lightening infusion
- LED light therapy
Safe for all skin types and skin tones, has a very low recovery time, chemical-free process, increases the absorption capacity of the skin, can be used on any body part, it solves all facial problems within 3 to 6 months, does not have any side effects and harnesses the natural healing ability of the body.
Before & After
Combination Treatment of Microneedling and IV Skin Lightening Injection
Combination Treatment of Microneedling and IV Skin Lightening Injection
What is microneedling?
Micro needling is also known as “collagen induction therapy“, “skin needling” or “dermal needling“. This therapy can also be used in conjunction with platelet rich plasma (PRP), also known as Vampire Facial as made famous by the Kardashians. The treatment reprogram the function of your skin to create healthier, firmer and more smoothly textured skin. The micro needling triggers targeted growth factors for building new collagen. Awakening the fibroblast that lies within the deeper layers of your skin, your skin will produce new and healthy collagen. It stimulates new collagen production, effectively tightening and minimising fine lines and wrinkles.
Micro needling also help with the absorption of topical active ingredients in your skin care regime, minimises pore size, improves scarring and reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
What is dermapen microneedling recommended for?
- Skin rejuvenation
- Minimising fine lines such as wrinkles and crow’s feet (particularly lines around the lip and eye area)
- Reducing pore size and improving your skin’s texture
- Naturally increasing and stimulating your skin’s collagen formation
- Reducing scars such as surface scarring, acne scars and dark spots
- Reducing pigmentation
- Removing dark circles and bags under the eyes to give your face a glowing and healthy look
- Facial skin becomes firm and smooth giving you a younger look
- Strengthening your epidermal skin barrier
- Improving cellular skin communication and therefore assisting your skin to operate at optimal efficiency
- Assisting sluggish skin that is slow to heal
- Diminishing stretch marks
There is no age limit on looking your best. You should opt for microneedling face skin to give your it the rejuvenation it requires.
Is dermapen microneedling or collagen induction therapy scientifically proven?
Yes, collagen induction therapy is scientifically proven to target the cells that are responsible for producing collagen and elastin, increase capillary strength and growth factors which will see your skin improve after every treatment. This is achieved by producing microscopic channels in the epidermis/dermis to stimulate the skin’s natural healing process by instigating the regeneration of your skin cells. It also encourages the formation of collagen and elastin to improve the overall structure, function and appearance of the treatment area.
What is the process during the dermapen microneedling procedure?
It is a mechanical procedure, which makes use of a micro needling pen containing 12 ultra-fine sterile single use needles. The needles are simply injected into the skin which leads to formation of small punctures and surface bleeding. A topical anaesthetic cream is applied for approximately 30 mins.
The small channels created by the needles are like wounds. Just as every wound sets the healing process of the body into motion, these injuries also stimulate the collagen formation process of the skin. The body stops producing more collagen as a person ages. Micro needling is a way of reminding the body to restart the collagen and elastin production process, which then leads to the formation of a new layer of skin which is thicker and smoother than before.
Do I need any skin care products after microneedling?
Microneedling / collagen induction therapy must be accompanied with a skin care regime that will support your skin concerns such as anti-aging, vascular damage, scarring and pigmentation. More importantly, your chosen skin care range needs to be pure, that is free from ingredients such as fragrances, preservatives, parabens, emulsifiers, colours, mineral oils, silicones and amines as these substances can cause irritation and side effects. High quality, pure active ingredients provide the perfect association for skin repair and rejuvenation.
How many microneedling treatments do I need?
For optimal results it is recommended to have 4-6 treatments. The number of treatments is dependent on the individual skin concerns.
Is microneedling/collagen induction therapy suitable for everybody?
Microneedling is not suitable if you are pregnant, using blood thinners or are susceptible to keloid scarring. Micro needling cannot be used on solar keratosis, skin cancers, raised moles or warts, open wounds, rosacea, active acne, eczema or psoriasis, or skin irritation in general.
When will I see results from the microneedling treatment?
Visible skin improvements can be seen at 14 days post treatment. Uneven tone and texture, fine lines and acne scarring generally see visible improvements around 2-4 weeks following treatment. The most dramatic results can be seen within 6-12 weeks post treatment.
Is there any downtime after the microneedling treatment?
Yes, most clients experience redness and minor pin-point bleeding immediately after a skin needling session. After treatment your skin may feel warm. Redness may appear similar to mild sunburn and last up 3 days post treatment.
Can I apply make up after microneedling treatment?
It is recommended to wait a minimum of 24 hours before applying mineral makeup.
- Discontinue use of Retin A, Retinols, Vitamin A creams and other topic medications for 3-5 days before your micro needling treatment
- Wear a sunscreen daily
- Avoid sun exposure 48 hours prior to treatment
- No tanning for 2 weeks before treatment
- Use products with vitamin A, C and E at least 2 weeks prior to microneedling treatment
For 48 hours after your microneedling treatment you should AVOID:
- No makeup for 12 hours post microneedling treatment
- Intense Cardio/Exercise
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Fillers (ie. Juvederm, Restylane) or Botox/Dysport
- Tattooing of the treated area
- Irritating topical creams such as Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA), Retin-A, Hydroquinone, or chemical-based sunscreen
- Hot showers/Sauna
- Spray tanning
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment
- Avoid going to the jacuzzi or the ocean
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions
More than 48 hours:
- Wash the face a with a gentle cleanser
- 12-72 hours post-treatment mineral makeup can be applied
- After 48 to 72 hours following treatment client can return to regular skin care regimen. Retinol products are strongly suggested to use for optimal results.
- Use sunscreen
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for 10 days
- Avoid alcohol-based toners for 10-14 days